|October 31, 2017 -- Pakistan and Indian military officials on Monday spoke after Indian cross-border shelling in recent days caused civilian casualties, Pakistan's military said.
The Pakistani military said on last Tuesday that at least two women were killed and six other civilians were injured in Indian forces' firing along the Line of Control(LoC), the de facto border in the disputed Kashmir region.
Pakistan and India had declared ceasefire in 2003 along the LoC, however, both accuse each other of violating the ceasefire.
"A special Hot Line contact was established between Director Generals Military Operations(DGMO) of Pakistan and Indian Armies today. Pakistan DGMO protested on recent deliberate targeting of innocent civilians along LoC resulting into civilian casualties," the Pakistani military said.
"The DGMO Pakistan army said that Indian troops are deliberately targeting innocent civilians including children and said that such deliberate actions are serious concern and violation of 2003 agreement," a statement from the army's media wing Inter-Services Public Relations said.
"On allegation of targeting of civilians by Pakistan Army, the DGMO Pakistan army clarified that Pakistan considers people living across LoC as our brethren and Pakistan Army as a professional force has never done this," the army said.
The army said on last Friday that Indian forces have "increased ceasefire violations", committing 1,140 violations so far this year, which is the highest ceasefire violation since 2003.
According to the statement 45 civilians have been killed while 192 injured as the result of the Indian firing. Last year Indian forces committed 382 violations, killing 46 people while injuring 150.